Friday, January 16, 2009

Drunk With Your Love

Everything seems to be moving so slowly,
It is like I have been here before,
I see your lips move and then hear your voice,
Like electric lightening that blinds my eyes,
Then the clap of thunder that deafens my ears,

What is small is now huge, a Mount Everest to scale,
What is large seems like it could fit on the edge of a needle,
What is right seems wrong, and what is wrong is so right,
Who wrote the book on what is and what can’t be?

When I am without you,
A day is as a thousand years,
A week like an eternity,
To live without you would be my certain death,
With no heaven or promise of angels,

It is a dream, with no control,
I am a spectator confused with what I see,
What appears to be… really doesn’t exist,
And what exists doesn’t seem to appear,

Emotion clouds my decisiveness,
The hard wax of my heart has melted,
My legs and arms tingle with the lack of air,
I am suffocating with pleasure,

Trying to speak,
Trying to see,
Trying to hear,
Trying to reason,

I have become drunk with your love,
My legs stagger with each step I take,
When I find my voice,
I can’t seem to get the words out right,

The only words I can say,
Like the song “What a wonderful world”,
And, what they say in the song is,
“I love you!”.

No comments: