Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Road Called Life

I am abandoned on this road,
This road called life,
The road which is used by all who are living,
The road where everyone advances with each stride,

This lonely road was shown to me,
By the person who gave birth to me,
Stood there by my side,
And now has deserted me,

The road is never-ending,
But I know it has to end,
One way or another,
It finally leads to my death,

The road ain't smooth at all,
Its got loads of bumps,
Filled with many obstacles,
And hurdles for me to cross,

I've been walking on this road,
For the past so many years,
And shall walk on it in the future,
Till it kicks me in my guts,

You think I'm frustrated,
And battered and bruised and lost,
But I know how to stand up,
And face every single punch.

1 comment:

Bhavika said...

It's meaningful to draw a parallel between Life and a Road .. In my blog I've compared Life to a River .. In both cases we see the continuity .. & the ups and downs ..