Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Understanding Love

You say you know the pain of losing,
But I know that you don't,
You have never loved before,
So you never felt the loss and you ever wont,

You say you wake up in the middle of the night,
Shivering, scared and groping for someone,
You say nightmares bother you too,
But I know - you have seen none,

You never felt mercy or pity,
You did what you were told to do,
I was the one who was stupid and trusting,
And felt a tumult just for you,

But still I pity you, here today,
Standing there - bitter, lost and rueful,
For you have never known love in life,
And never seen the ones truly beautiful,

Yes I still hope you would love someday,
And pray that God does forgive you,
You don't know what you kept distant from,
Distance has obliterated what is true,

When you learn to love, we will meet again,
And flowers will bloom all through,
You will know what matters in life,
And you will find the real you.

No comments: